Resize pictures and store with MySQL

        Hi.  I want to use PHP and MySQL to help make it easier to put
pictures on a website.  What I want to do is make a page that allows the
client to submit a picture (or a bunch of pictures) and a caption for
each picture to me via a form of some sort.  Then, once the file gets
here, I would like it to resize the photo to a preset size and store it
with it's caption.  Is this possible?  If so, is there also a way to get
php to dynamically design a web page with each of these photos (complete
with their captions) on it?  I am using PHP 4.2 and MySql 3.23.  Thanks
in advance for any help.

Frank