RE: Connection issues with pgsql?

Sorry for not fully reading your post.  That's what I get 4 spd rdng.

Just another WAG--have you tried using get_resource_type() on $myconn?
That may tell you whether the thing exists after its creation, and if it
does, it should tell you "pgsql link" as the resource type.  I'd suspect
that if it doesn't know the type that the postgresql interface is not
enabled.

Again, sorry for shooting from the hip with the first answer.

dwb