MSSQL, Linux and Binaries

Hello,

we have stored Images in MS SQL 7 - Database. With freetds we can read all Information - but on Binaries (Images) we became wrong informations.

If we store the Data in a File, the Filesize is (as example) 34 kbyte. The original filesize are 17 kbye. what can we do to convert the informations in right format?

Greetings
Torsten