Login and link back...

	I am curious about what you guys may have along the lines of best
practices for forwarding from a URL to a login, and then jumping back to the
original URL automatically.  I have several separate applications that all
need to utilize the same login mechanism.  I want the user to be able to
enter the URL for the application and if they are not logged in it redirects
them to a login screen.  I already have the sessions junk setup and
understand all of that portion.  I am mainly interested in how people are
handling the return to a URL after successful login.
	I have done some research on this, and discovered the $HTTP_REFERER
variable however the PHP site discourages using this.  I have also thought
of adding code to each page to export an "origin" variable to be passed to
the login page such that it can be used to return the user.  I thought of
this method, but I am not real clear on how to manage this.  Does anyone
have any suggestion on implementing this, or another alternative that I have
not touched on yet?  Thanks in advance.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  sn4265@sbc.com