Re: several pointers to records in one field

> Thank You. Tell me if I misunderstood or if I did not express me
> clearly.

Sounds like you got it! :)

You may also want to read up on nested sets for your database structure.
They work the parent_id and child_id differently and it may make queries
easier for your situation. For instance, with nested sets, you can easily
find out everyone that decended from a single person with one query. Doing
that with the parent_child solution can take many queries. However,
inserting is more demanding with nested sets, but if you're not going to do
a whole lot of inserting after the database is populated, then it may be for
you.

Here's one explanation... search for others:
http://threebit.net/tutorials/nestedset/tutorial1.html#t

---John Holmes...