problem connecting w/ODBC

Hello,

I am having problems accessing a database through ODBC.  I first sent an
email describing my problems accessing an MS Access database through PHP.
Today I installed MySQL.  I have no problems accessing my test database with
the mysql commands.  I downloaded MySQL's ODBC driver.  I get the same error
message trying to access this database w/ODBC as I did with the MS Access
database.

I am running Windows XP Professional, PHP 4.3.1, and Apache 1.3.27.

Here's my PHP code:

$connection = odbc_connect("testmysql", "", "")  or die ("Couldn't connect
to the server.");

$sql = "SELECT * FROM member";

$result = odbc_exec($sql,$connection) or die ("Couldn't execute query");

I get the following error message in my browser:

Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in
c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\test4.php on line 17
Couldn't execute query

Anyone have any ideas of what I should do so I can access a database through
ODBC?