Syncing the structure of two databases?

Dear list,
I'm developing an intranet-based application using PHP and MySQL. We
release new versions of our application regularly, and synchronizing the
structure of the databases is beginning to be a headache.

Do any tools exist that would let me sync the structure of two
databases? Ideally, I'd like to include a "mysqldump --no-data" (or
something analogous) file with each of our releases, and run a script on
the client's server that would update the structure of their own local
database from that file.

We're cross-platform (windows, linux, and mac). And, all servers are
behind their own firewalls.

I'm aware of sqlyog (http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/download.html), but I
need something that can be written in php, and works without a "live"
connection to the "master" database.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Matt