RE: Picture Upload

Me either
Luke Woollard

-----Original Message-----
From: fredridv@tva.ifi.uio.no [mailto:fredridv@tva.ifi.uio.no]On Behalf
Of Fredrik de Vibe
Sent: Wednesday, 12 March 2003 12:51 PM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: Re:  Picture Upload

dally2001@bigpond.com (Dallas Freeman) writes:
> I have asked my host to update the php software, as for now, I need to
> know what the lines for changing the size of a picture is.  I couldn't
> see any command lines for it, unless it is something different, I don't
> know, so could you please show me.

Afaicr, there is an excellent recipe for doing just that in The
Manual, under image functions.

> I also need to know, if there is a possibility that php can change the
> size of an image before it uploads it to the server (so it changes size
> on the end-user's computer & not on the server - that way there would be
> a shorter upload time).

PHP is server side, and can't do anything on the client side (apart
from reading and writing cookies, if the user allows it). I can't see
any other solution to this than to tell the users to resize the images
themselves.

--
--Fredrik
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go