From: php@321online.net [mailto:php@321online.net]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 12:32 PM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Cc: amihalic@321online.net
Subject:  Searchform to results.php

I have a mysql database named DEALER with tables named by states.
My script displays all the data correctly if I manually inculde the FROM
"state name".I want to make a form to let someone choose the state and
run the query. I
have tried and failed can someone show me what I am doing wrong?My
searchform:
  <h1>Find a Dealer Search</h1>
  <form action="results.php" method="post">
    Choose a State:<br>
    <select name="searchtype">
      <option value="OHIO">OHIO
      <option value="ALABAMA">ALABAMA
    </select>
     <input type=submit value="Search">
  </form>

A snip from my results.php

    <?php
    // connect to my dealer database
    $link = mysql_connect("XXX.XXXX.XXX", "XXX", "XXXXXXXX");
    mysql_select_db("DEALER");
    // query and get the number of records
    $query = "SELECT NAME, ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP, TELEPHONE,
WEBSITE,
     EMAIL FROM ("results"))";    $result = mysql_query($query) or
die("MY QUERY ERRORS");
    $num_record = mysql_num_rows($result);
    if($num_record > $display) { // Only show 1,2,3,etc. when there are
    more records found that fit on 1 page    // when the page is loaded
first...
    if(empty($pagenr)) {
    $pagenr = 1;
    }
Would you please help me with my mistakes on line6