Playing mp3s using flash and php

Hi there,

Im currently working on a teaching system for the Uni of Vienna. I have a
problem though. We have over 2000 sound files (mp3s) of phrases and words.
But students are having problems playing them because of different
configuration setups.

At the moment they need flash for certain tasks, so it would make sense to
play the sound through a small flash movie - as they will have the plug-in-
I am working with Flash MX, but I cant seem to get a movie to get the
address of the mp3 from the database, and then play it.

It would be perfect if I had a solution of 1 Flash movie/PHP script which
can "pull" in the sound link and play the file. This same movie would be
used throughout the site.

Any help would be brilliant

Thanks a lot

James Riley