RE: Serialize...Unserialize

Thanks for the feedback, Gerard. One thing I've learned in this experiment
is that once the data is serialized and put into the readBy (TEXT) column, I
can't really do any queries that do comparisons on the data stored in that
column because of the serialization "markup". Unfortunately, this is a
requirement in this particular case.

I can hear the collective "Duh!" from everybody out there now ;^) What can I
say, I had to learn the hard way.

Unless I'm wrong, it looks as if I need to go back to doing
implode()/explode() on this data in order to preserve the comparisons I need
to do inside other queries. Which I don't mind, I was just hoping
serialize()/unserialize() would make life easier.

Lesson learned.

Thanks,
Rich