Re: Using results from one mysql query to make another

SELECT b.name FROM apliexperts a LEFT JOIN experts b ON a.expid = b.id WHERE softid = 2

I have a table that includes the ids of software
aplications and experts (apliexperts). My page is
loaded with the variable of the software id (softid),
which it uses to match the experts for that software.
But instead of returning just the expert id (expid),
to use that expid to get the full row entry from the
"experts" table.
So if my apliexperts table has the rows:
[softid] [expid] [id]
   3       0       0
   2       1       1
   2       2       3

And the experts table has:
[id] [Name]
  0    paul
  1    john
  2    mark

It needs to return john and mark if the softid is 2.

thanks,

Jay