Trouble with Joins

I have a survey I created that when the formis being filled out it will select
values from list. The list values are other tables in the same DB. When I go
to get the info again I am trying to do a left join of the two table to get the
description instead of the id's associated in the table.
Since I used one table several time for the values how do I, can I, join that
tabel multiple times on the SELECT statement so I can get each instance of
the description.
Ex. In the survey I reference the usercomm table 5 times to answer
different questions. Since the answer for each instance could be
different how do I join the usercomm table back to the replies table
several times.

Thanks for any help
Roland Perez
roland.perez@usdoj.gov