From: fredridv@tva.ifi.uio.no [mailto:fredridv@tva.ifi.uio.no]On Behalf
Of Fredrik de Vibe
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 6:06 PM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject:  Re: inserting binary data into a mysql blob field

craig@periodically.com (Craig Kohtz) writes:
> [ inserting images into a mysql db ]

I haven't done it myself, but a search on php.net for "blob mysql
file" gave (among others)
http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php
(seach the page for 'blob').

On the other hand, it has been said that storing files in a mysql
database (severely(?)) affects performance. I don't know anything
about this myself, though, so I can't make any 'proper'
recommendations. However, it sounds plausible that searching through
the db might be quicker with files stored as files and the path to
them stored in the db.

--
--Fredrik
In an organization, each person rises to the level of his own