first 10 or so words

Howdy,
I have a SELECT query displaying the results in repeated rows in a
table. I have a COMMENTS column coming out of the database table which
will likely contain a paragraph of information. I would like to display
only the first 10 or so words and then have a more link that people can
click on to display all the info. Is there a simple method for this??

Cheers