BinaryWrite in PHP?

Hi!
I want to let the user to be able to open or save a textdocument with
text that I create on the fly with some select-statements.
You know when you click on a button or a link and you get a question
if you what to Open the file or or Save it.

In ASP I can use Response.BinaryWrite, how can I do it in PHP?

Thanks!