Confirmation e-mail

Hello people.,

I am developing a website with a user login system, i would like to send an confirmation e-mail to the user when he/she registers for the site, asking for confirmation...for instance click on a link to activate thier account.
My question is what would be the best approach to achieve this? How is this usualy done? Any thoughts and help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Davy Obdam

Davy Obdam - Obdam webdesignŠ
mailto:info@davyobdam.com web: www.davyobdam.com