Re: Date format in MySQL

Or if you want to change it when you're pulling out of mysql you can use
the DATE_FORMAT( ) function...

hth
jeff

                    John Krewson
                    <krewsonj@sworp       To:     RUBANOWICZ Lisa <lisa.rubanowicz@cnh.com>
                    s.utk.edu>            cc:     "'php-db@lists.php.net'" <php-db@lists.php.net>
                                          Subject:     Re:  Date format in MySQL
                    02/03/2003
                    09:32 AM

strftime()

offers a lot of formatting options for dates.

Hope it helps.

RUBANOWICZ Lisa wrote:
> Hi All, I have a date format of YYYY-MM-DD in MySQL and am showing it on
a PHP page.  However I want to show it as
> "2 February, 2003"
> or "2 February"
> Can someone please help me.  The date will not necessarily be todays date
(I looked at the datetime() function and the getdate() function but
couldn't work it out for these)

--
John Krewson
Programmer - SWORPS