Adding Record to database

Hi.  I am having a problem with adding a record into a table of a database.
I have attached the code I am using to accomplish this.  It works if the
table is empty, but if there is already a record in the table, it won't add
anything.  Could anyone help me out with this?  Here is the code I am using:

$query = "INSERT INTO TableName
(SID,StudentLastName,StudentFirstName,StudentEmail,StudentLoginName,StudentP
assword) VALUES
('$SID','$StudentLastName','$StudentFirstName','$StudentEmail','$StudentLogi
nName','$StudentLoginPassword')";
$results = mysql_query($query);

Like I said, this works if the table is totally empty, but if there is
already an entry in there, it does nothing.  Please help if you can.
Thanks.

Matt