Parsing html entities to javascript

Hello,

I store Greek characters in my db. In previous versions of php, they were stored as some characters, based on the character page. But now, they are stored as html entities. And now I have a problem, because some of the stored data is parsed to javascript. And that does not "know" the entities (and html at all), and thus displays them as they are, e.g. &913;&954;.

How can I use php to solve this? I tried unescaping and so, but without result. Or can I tell PHP to store the characters as it did before?

Greetz,
Edwin Boersma
Naxos, GR