Re: what does % mean?

> I am trying to decipher some code written by someone else.  In it there
> is a query:
>
> $query = "select description from $prodtable where description like '%'
> or type like '%' group by description";
>
> I've seen it used as mathematical modulos, but not sure how it's used
> here.

It is a wildcard, like someone else said.

That exact query has a poor syntax, though.. .unless there's a method behind
the madness. Since it's matching a wildcard only.. which would match
everything, you could use "select description from $prodtable group by
description" and get the same results.

---John Holmes...