Re: check box help

On Friday 31 January 2003 11:40, Matt Palermo wrote:
> Thanks.  I tried that, and maybe I am doing something wrong with it, but
> it didn't work.  What I did was I made a counter variable, $counter and
> put it outside the while loop.  Then, inside the while loop, when it
> makes a checkbox, I named the check box, $CheckBox[$counter], so that it
                                           ^^^^^^^^^
That should be CheckBox and not $CheckBox (that latter, as per your code, is
undefined and is empty).

> would put it at that spot in an array.  Then on the following page
> (which the variables get posted to) I created a for loop to output all
> the values of $CheckBox[].  I made the loop from 0 to < $counter, and it
> still doesn't output anything.

* "If in doubt, print everything out" (TM). *

print_r($GLOBALS) should give you all you need to know.

Or more specifically, to find out what values your forms are returning you can
use:

    print_r($_POST)
or
    print_r($_GET)

depending on the 'method' that your form uses.

And whilst we're on the subject, you don't seem to have any <form> tags? Some
browsers (quite rightly) ignore form elements if there are no <form> tags.

> Do I need to initialize the $CheckBox
> array or something, if so, how do I do it?

No.

>  Here is the modified code
> that I used for this:

[snip]

>     <input type='checkbox' name='$CheckBox[$counter]' value='ON'></td>

That should be:

  ... name='CheckBox[$counter]' ...

/*
1 1 was a race-horse, 2 2 was 1 2. When 1 1 1 1 race, 2 2 1 1 2.
*/