Re: Question on the port PHP uses to connect to remote MySQL

it IS 3306(in a default setup) that you'll need to allow traffic through
the firewall for this scenario.  I have similar needs and that is the port
we open.

                    "Matt Vos"
                    <vos@techcomne       To:     "Louis Feng" <lfeng@cs.kent.edu>, <php-db@lists.php.net>
                    t.com>               cc:
                                         Subject:     Re:  Question on the port PHP uses to connect to
                    01/29/2003            remote MySQL
                    09:29 AM

In a default setup, I believe the port is 3306.
Check your MySQL config files, as this can be changed.

Matt