From: Damir Dezeljin [mailto:programing@mbss.org]
Sent: sexta-feira, 24 de Janeiro de 2003 8:18
To: PHP-db list
Subject:  PHP && MySQL: temporary table problem

Hi.

I got a task to program a search engine for a site which is all around
based on sessions and persistent connections to MySQL.

The problem is that I first have to select a subset of those data
and then I have to join them all around and output results.

I'm using temporary tables for this but there is a problem.
Temporary tables are visible trough the entire connection. So in future
one browser window can interact (can display) with results from another
browser window. Does anyone have a sugestion how to solve this?

I was thinking to close a persistent connection (I don't know how???) on
each result page at the begining and then reopen it at the end ... for my
code I was thinking on using normal connections.

Any better idea?

I thik I just can't live without temporary tables till I will not have
subqueryes.

Regards,
Dezo