Re: ms sql limit equivalence

i forget exactly how to use it, but look up TOP.  although it does not
perform like LIMIT.

hth
Jeff

                    "Grant, Dean
                    (OIT)"               To:     "'php-db@lists.php.net'" <php-db@lists.php.net>
                    <DeGrant@gov.m       cc:
                    b.ca>                Subject:      ms sql limit equivalence

                    01/23/2003
                    05:47 PM

Hi,

I am just joining this list so if this has been covered in the past I
apologize.  I am working with MS SQL and would like the functionality that
MySQL's limit function provides.  I understand that MS SQL has no such
command or equivalent. Has someone found a way to use standard (or MS SQL
specific) SQL to achieve the same goal?  I have seen bits and pieces of
code
and ideas here and there, but nothing seems to work.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

Ps. If someone would like a table schema and brief example to work with:

Table table1 with columns a and b

Retrieve 5 entries from table1 sorted by a
Retrieve next 5 entries from table1 sorted by a