ms sql limit equivalence

Hi,

I am just joining this list so if this has been covered in the past I
apologize.  I am working with MS SQL and would like the functionality that
MySQL's limit function provides.  I understand that MS SQL has no such
command or equivalent. Has someone found a way to use standard (or MS SQL
specific) SQL to achieve the same goal?  I have seen bits and pieces of code
and ideas here and there, but nothing seems to work.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

Ps. If someone would like a table schema and brief example to work with:

Table table1 with columns a and b

Retrieve 5 entries from table1 sorted by a
Retrieve next 5 entries from table1 sorted by a