build menu with mysql data

Hi,

I would like to bild a tree menu with mySQL data. where I have the collapsed
main menue and when I click the link the specific submenue expands (as
follow).

(collapsed Main Menu)
+ Downloads
+ About me

....and for example if I click the "Download" section it will look as
follow....

(expanded Main-Sub Menu)
+ Downloads
    - Music
    - Programm
+ About me

....and the SQL Tables...

MAINMENUE_TABLE
    ID        NAME
-----------------------------
|    1    |    Home                |
|    2    |    Downloads        |
|    3    |    About me          |
|    4    |    Search               |

....and....

SUBMENUE_TABLE
    ID        MAIN_ID      NAME            URL
|    1    |    2                |    Music            |
./somefile.php?action=music
|    2    |    2                |    Programm     |
./somefile.php?action=programm
|    3    |    3                |    Pictures         |
./somefile.php?action=pictures
|    4    |    3                |    Address        |
./somefile.php?action=address
|    5    |    4                |    My Page       |
./somefile.php?action=mypage
|    6    |    4                |    The Web       |
./somefile.php?action=theweb
|    7    |    4                |    Google          |
./somefile.php?action=google

If I'm using a while loop it won't work, so I realy don't have and more
ideas...
Please consider in your explanations I'm a PHP beginner... :-)

thanks
Marc