Oracle and CLOBs

Hi, I'm having a big problem with php and Oracle.

I'm using Oracle 8.1.6 and PHP 4.2 with the Oracle component in a Solaris server, I can not recompile apache and php to install the oci8 component and I'm having lot of problems with CLOBs, I'm receiving this error:

Warning: Ora_Exec failed (ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes -- while
processing OCI function OEXEC/OEXN) in
/var/www/espejo/includes/con.php on line 107

Line 107 contains this code:
Ora_Exec($this->cursor);

The query is:
SELECT Title, NewsDate, Content FROM inf_news WHERE ID_News = 5
Where Title is VarChar, NewsDate is Date and Content is a CLOB

It works fine if the query doesn't contain a CLOB.

Any suggestion???

Jadiel Flores