sorting matrix

Hy,
I have a matrix with strings ex. 4 cols and many rows
how could I sort the matrix after the 2nd field with maintaining the indexes order

Like in a table

name surname age address..
i have many records and i'd like to print the records in age order ascendent or after the surname order...

it's not a result from a query..just a simple matrix with strings and numbers...
i've tried "asort" function like: asort($matrix[1],SORT_STRING) but it doesn't work...
thanks a lot...

cybercop78

PS :if there are "friends" from romania and know well programming in php please send me a reply in order to "combine our powers" or to make useful things or projects....i'm not a "newbie"  and i don't want to colaborate with "newbies"...thanks

http://www.idilis.ro - Stiri, e-mail gratuit, download,
SMS, server de counter-strike, hosting gratuit, servicii internet...
Fii cu un pas inaintea celorlati!