Design suggestions - performance improvement

Hi all,

I am currently building a site for a cinema to display session times, film synopsis' etc...

I have built the database as follows:

TABLE:  film_detail
FilmID
FilmName
FilmRunTime
FilmRating
FilmSynopsis
etc...

TABLE  session_data
session_ID
session_filmID
session_StartTime
session_Date

The session_data table might contain a large number of records with the same film ID, and the same Start Date to cover a large number of sessions that we would have of the same film on the same day.

I want to know what is the best way to retrieve this joint info from the DB.

currently, I run a single select statement requesting the fields I want from both tables, where the session_Date equals a given date.  This returns x number of rows, depending on the number of sessions for all films for that given day.

However, this means that I am retrieving the Film Synopsis, cast, runtime etc multiple times...

The data will be returned to the user as below:

FILM TITLE (rating)
session_times    <--- will list all sessions - such as 8.45am, 10.15am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm etc etc
FILM RUNTIME
FILM CAST
FILM SYNOPSIS

is this an effective way to return to he data?  or should I be using individual queries?

Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated..

Cheers,

M@