Re: Re: blob

i know this is a bit down the chain, but i'm trying to keep the message
strings in tact....

but can't you set up your directory just like you set up your mysql Grants.
I have a directory that the web user owns, who is in its own group.  so i
set the permisssions once, and its done.  Also i don't store the folder
structure, i have a variable named for that folder structure then if the
folders move or you need to move your webservers, the path will dynamically
update, regardless of location.

just some thoughts, this is a topic that intrigues me,
jeff

                    "Bayu
                    Susiloadhy"          To:     php-db@lists.php.net
                    <bayu@bit.web.       cc:
                    id>                  Subject:      Re: blob

                    01/08/2003
                    03:40 AM

it's very useful to store images in the db then
in the other page show the image by selecting it then
print it out to the page with "Content-type: image" (jpeg/gif/etc) header;

But, i didn't find how to show pdf binary file so that the browser
can directly call acrobat reader to show it,
i tried to use content-type : application/pdf but it failed!

i think maybe in the pdf cases,
browser called acrobat reader because of its extension (pdf),not because
the header is it true?

could someone help me?

Luke Woollard writes:

> I agree with Dave. I wrote an application to allow a client to
upload/manage
> images and categorise them into diff. parts of their website.
>
> Images were stored as normal image files after upload and a pointer made
> them from the appropriate database record (which had additional image
info
> e.g. description)
>
> Since I now have to move this website to a new server -> transferring all
> these files was a bit annoying. Storing them as binary data in mysql
would
> have been easier to manage...

&$BS