RE: extracting data

Andrew is correct about iodbc.  As soon as they write an allbase connector I
will be all over it.

Here is a function I use to facilitate working with odbc

function odbc_fetch_into_array($rs) {
   $result = array();
   if (!odbc_fetch_row($rs)) return false;
   $numfields = odbc_num_fields($rs);
   for($lpLoop=1; $lpLoop<=$numfields; $lpLoop++) {
     $fieldname = odbc_field_name($rs,$lpLoop);
     $fieldval  = odbc_result($rs,$lpLoop);
     $result[$fieldname] = $fieldval;
   }
   return $result;
}

It simulates mysql_fetch_array.  Usage is similar to mysql.

	while( odbc_fetch_into_array($eddie))
		{
		 		$myvar1= odbc_result( $eddit, "fieldname1"
);
				$myvar5= odbc_result( $eddit, "fieldname5"
);
		<code for this line of table>
		}

As for how to move the data somewhere else?  To another odbc? to mysql?
where?  And do you want to manipulate the data before moving it?

Cheers
Jason