Re: here's my problem in PHP & relational tables

hi,
I have two tables.

1.ProgramClips ( id, progSummary, category, videoFile)PRIMkey = id.
and each id may have 2 or three categories.

2.Category( number,category).
categories are :
Beef , diary, horticulture etc;

I am using PhpMyAdmin as the interface for the mySql Database.
The PhpMyAdmin uses a text filed to show the values of the category.

If there are two or more categories for example Beef and Diary then "Beef | Diary" is shown in the text field.

Now I want to change that text field into a drop down list and enable multiple selection of the values. And if I want to update the category field in program clips I will select one or more values in the drop down list and do some programming to put a pipe symbol in between the selected values ( in order to make MySQL to understand and interpret).

But my Problem is ... how to say to PhpMyAdmin that u change this particular field a drop down. How to do that in a general sense, so that it does that always when I use the values which are unique in another table.

Any idea... if u donot understand my problem ... please mail me ... I will try to be more clear.
Advance Thanks for the patient people,
Phani.