Getting database output into another frame in another window

Hi,

I've got a set up where I would like my query output to appear in a frame in a
main window.  Since my queries require stepwise user input, they are going to
be built up in a pop-up window.  When the query form (in the popup) is sent,
it calls a php script which drags the data out of a Postgresql database.
However, I then want the query results to be sent to the frame in the main
(parent with respect to the pop-up) window.  How do I acheive this?  Things I
have tried are:

1. Putting <FORM ACTION="opener.location.replace('query.php')" METHOD="GET">

2. Naming the main window with <BODY onLoad="window.name='maindb'"> then
putting <FORM ACTION="query.php" TARGET="maindb.queryframe" METHOD="GET>

Number (1) opens query.php in the correct location (ie the frame in the main
page) but does not pass the form data to the server.  Number (2) passes the
form data to the server, but the results appear in a new window.  ARRRRRGH!

Any ideas?

Chris J