Re: approaching a relational database

The grid for each course looks like this (excluding CourseName, State, County,
Street, City, State)

            Hole1 | Hole2 | Hole 3 | ......... | Hole18
Par          9          4            7     ..........       6
WH         8          4            4     ..........       5
MH         5          4            4     ..........       5
Tees1      4          4            3     ..........       5
Tees2      3          3            2    ..........        5
Tees3     etc...
Tees4
Tees5

For every course, I have to enter in all of these variables.  It isn't really
keeping score, it's just a table of all the information for a given course -
par, wh (women's handicap), mh, etc.  What i did was pretty much make a table
for every row.  Each table (par, for example) has a course_id that I set in the
courses table (that holds the CourseName, State, County, Street, City, State),
and then 18 more fields - one for each hole.  So it looks like:

"par" table
            course_id | Hole1 | Hole2 | Hole 3 | ......... | Hole18
                 165         4          4            5     ..........       3

Is that alright?  it was the most reasonable thing I could think of, but i'm
not too experienced in database design, so i figured i'd ask.

Thanks, Doug