Re: approaching a relational database

what kind of stats are you storing - scores?
what fields do you need to store - these are necessary
to help you

start with the top and work your way down
- courses have name, location, holes, members etc.
- holes have par, distance,  blah
- members have blah, blah

You can add/remove fields later, dont let it put you
on hold. When you start solving your problems,
u=you'll find the best way to do it.

I haven't thought this through, but here's how i'd
start table 'pars'

[PARS]
id   | course_id | hole_id | par_name | par | distance
 1   |    1      |    1    |  red     |  4  |  400
 2   |    1      |    1    |  white   |  4  |  410
 3   |    1      |    1    |  blue    |  5  |  430

olinux