RE: OpenSSL, PHP and MySQL

> Hey all,
>     I was wondering if anyone could point me to a good tutorial to
learn
> how
> to use the OpenSSL functions to set access a MySQL db under a secure
> connection.  I have tried reading the manual, looking at
PHPClasses.org,
> PHPBuilder.com, and Hotscripts.com and I haven't come accross anything
as
> of
> yet, and I still feel like I don't totally understand it.  I done my
> googling as well.  I was just hoping that someone else knew of another
> resource which I could utilize to help myself learn how to use the
> functionality of the OpenSSL functions.

Not sure if this answers your question or not, but MySQL 4.0 supports
connections under SSL and in PHP 4.3 you can set a flag in the
mysql_connect() function to make it connect over SSL. That's assuming
you've already got them set up, though. If it's the setup part you're
after, I can't help you there. :)

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/