Re: php-db Digest 11 Dec 2002 07:34:07 -0000 Issue 1566

At 07:34 AM 12/11/2002 +0000, you wrote:

        I understand that the column name does not normally need quotes, but
without quotes on the column name I get a mysql error message about no
column named 'id'.  Unfortunately, I cannot even get the UPDATE statement
working outside of PHP through an direct SQL statement.  Everything looks
like it should work, but the affected columns is always zero, and obviously
the atime column is not getting the timestamp.
        This is quite frustrating.  Thanks again for the help.  Hopefully
someone will come up with something to help me get this working.
hyphen (-) is a funny character in a column. If you quote the column name with BACKQUOTES, you should be okay though.

i.e. SELECT * FROM `hyphen-table` WHERE `hyphen-column` = 1

If you check out the SQL generated by recent versions PHPMyAdmin, you'll see what I mean.

-Peter