From: Jonathan [mailto:dbphp@ftbwebsolutions.com]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 8:40 AM
To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: RE:  passing variables

One of many possible things.

Dependent on the version of PHP you are using, you might have
register_globals set to off in your php.ini file, which is preferable.
In which case you'll have to use

If($_REQUEST['variable'])

Or

If(isset($_REQUEST['variable']))

Second possible is:

I've never really used an image within a link to submit a form.  What I
usually do is make the image a submit button, e.g.,<input type="image"
src="path to your image" height="XX" width="XX" border="0"> You could
name it or create a hidden field <input type="hidden" name="register"
value="register">

Then upon form submission (<form action="<? Echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']
?>">)
You would look for register

If(isset($_REQUEST['register']))
{