CREATE TABLE QUERY PHP/MySQL

This is the first time I am trying to create a table in MySQL based on
user input.

Here is the scenario,

The user will enter in the name of a stage, e.g. Harley Davidson.
I then look for the first space (to indicate the first word), make it
into lower case and then do the following:

$new_stage_name = "stage_".$var;

This will give $new_stage_name the value of "stage_harley".

That works fine.

Now I want to run the following query:

$SQL = "CREATE TABLE ".$new_stage_name." (set values and their
properties)";

If I run this query using PHPMyAdmin, minus the var of course, the table
is created.

When I run it in my code, nothing happens. I do a die($SQL) to see the
final outcome of the query and it's correct and is what I am using to
run the query in PHPMyAdmin.

This is what my code is doing:

I have class RecordSet which makes the db connection and its constructor
takes the $SQL as an arg.

So, $SQL = "what is listed above";
$objRecordSet = new RecordSet($SQL);
//I used this all the time with all kinds of other Select, Insert,
Update, and Delete queries and it works perfect.

For one, I don't know how to test whether the table has been created or
not.  I know I could probably do some sort of mysql_list_tables and look
for it or whatever but I was looking for something similar to

If (mysql_affected_rows() == -1)
Because that is very easy.

And ideas as to why the table is not being created.

Jonathan Villa
Application Developer
IS Design & Development
www.isdesigndev.com