Re: Index on email or ID?

Something I used was this:

id | username | password | cookie_string

$foo = the id was rot13'ed then base64-encoded

$str = the cookie_string was an md5 hash generated at the time of registration

then a cookie was set:

setcookie("cookie_string",$foo."|".$str);

When the user returns, we checked for the cookie, and if it existed, split
on the "|", de-"crypted" (haha) the ID, looked up the cookie_string in the
DB and saw if it matched.  If it did, it was pretty unlikely that it was
"hacked" so we logged them in.

Peter