anchors

Ok, I know this isn't really a db specific question so forgive me.  In my
php/mysql page, I have a button that loops back to the same page only when
it opens the page again, I want it to go to a certain spot on the page with
certain parameters.

For Example

auction.php#map  takes me to the map section of the page but if I loop to
that section with parameters
auction.php#map?clientid=1 nothing happens.  How do I distinguish between
the end of the anchor and the start of the parameters?

Thanks,
Eddie