Fulltext matching

Is there any way in PHP and MySQL to find out the most used words in a full
text index?  Is there access to the index?  In the index I want to show the
words that occur the most in descending order limit 50.

In addition, is there any way to search for, without boolean (using
3.23.??), words in a row?  I've tried searching for "print pal" (which I
know exists) but only get print and pal returned as two separate words, and
since pal is 3 letters or less, it isn't indexed.

This doesn't work:

select id, match(body) against ('"print pal"') from body where match(body) against ('"print pal"');

Peter