Re: Sessions Vs DB Access

Don't forget that you can use the DB to store PHP Sessions as well, which
is faster than storing the sessions in /tmp on the file system.  If you
have well written SQL, you can have 5-30 queries per page, most of which
should return the data in under 1/100 of a second.

I was running a site doing 150 queries per second, serving 1M page views a
day.  That's about 13M DB queries per day at a rate of about 11-12 page
views per second.  All on a dual 800mhz and 1gb of memory on FreeBSD,
Apache, PHP and MySQL.

It can be done!

Peter