RE: Re: Get Last ID Inserted

From the MySQL docs:

The most recently generated ID is maintained in the server on a per-connection basis. It will not be changed by another client. It will not even be changed if you update another AUTO_INCREMENT column with a non-magic value (that is, a value that is not NULL and not 0).

So as long as you're using non-persistent connections, even on a site with heavy traffic it should work fine.

-Micah

At 11:14 AM 11/21/2002 -0500, you wrote:
I do see that picking up the incorrect ID, which is why we created a stored
procedure which returned the affected row.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Voigt [mailto:adam@cryptocomm.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 11:13 AM
To: David Elliott
Cc: Adam Voigt on PHP-DB
Subject: Re:  Re: Get Last ID Inserted

But if there are heavy operations on the site, will this not also pick
up a different last inserted id, if in the split milisecond between the
insert and the next mssql_query which has the @@identity say, another
user does an insert?

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 11:03, David Elliott wrote:

> --

Adam Voigt (adam@cryptocomm.com)
The Cryptocomm Group
My GPG Key: http://64.238.252.49:8080/adam_at_cryptocomm.asc