Storing picture into DB

Hey, All:

    Does you have experience storing picture into DataBase?
    (experience about Sybase is better.)

    I have one question that what field in DB is suitable for storing
picture/image.

    If the PHP call function, for example sybase_query(), I think that it
has some bug,
    then who is the person that I could tell to.

    Or, do you anyone tell me what language could support Sybase DB
perfectly, escaspecially in Image?

    Thanks.