Re: how to update a text BLOB in ODBC?

Quoting Jeff Stern <jastern@uci.edu>:

> thanks for the correction, miles and martin.. just an email typo.
>
> i still have the problem though. :(
>

> On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Miles Thompson wrote:
>
> > Jeff,
> >
> > Check your SQL. Shouldn't
> > $sql = "insert into note_tbl
> > (note) values ('${note}')
> > where pkey = '45'";
> >
> > be UPDATE .... where pkey = '45' ?

With MSSQL the blobs (text/image) can be handled with READ_IMAGE/READ_TEXT and
WRITE_IMAGE/WRITE_TEXT.  This writes/reads from the paged resource directly,
bypassing the transaction log etc etc.  I don't know if your DB possibly has a
similiar method?

Aside: Insert and Update work normally as well... but are fully logged.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan@studiesabroad.com