Re: DB vs file

I think a simple file is better, as it is easier to use doesn't use many
resources. If you save it in a DB, you have to use a PHP script every time
you need an image (bad for your resources). Apart from that, if you store
images in a db it'll slow down that db quite a bit, because images usually
are relatively big.

You also need more space (be it not much) because of the PHP script you need
to retrieve the image from the db. As far as I know images are not bigger in
databases than in usual files, but I'm not sure.

"Garry Climacosa" <gcclimacosa@imgame.com.ph> wrote in message
004501c28e3d$23876420$3d00a8c0@www.intermediacorp.com">news:004501c28e3d$23876420$3d00a8c0@www.intermediacorp.com...
I just want to ask which is better saving my jpeg on mysql or saving it as a
file in a folder?
which is faster and disk space saving?

garry