RE: Query Executes in MySQL Command Line, Not From PHP.

It's definitely not working. A resulting page breaks each time the code runs
and I can see that the UPDATE operation has not taken place when I examine
the data in the database.

I know the problem is not with the resulting page because the page is built
to handle NULL and I can see that the database has not been changed where I
expect it to be.

I even changed the column definition from smallint to varchar just to see if
I was not permitted to set a smallint back to NULL, but the code didn't
perform properly even when the column was a varchar. ARGH!

Thanks for trying to help. This is so frustrating.