RE: payperiods

Put the dates for employees into one table.

In another, put the payperiods.

You could populate the payperiods table for the next 90 years if you wanted
if it is always on a 2 week schedule.

To look at past payperiods:

  select start, end from payperiods where start = '$querydate';

Or just date, but you'll have to decide if the date in the payperiod table
will be the start of the payperiod or end of the payperiod. IE:

  select date as start,date_add(date,interval 14 day) as end from
  payperiods where start = '$querydate';

Then get the employees who put in time between those days, assuming $pp
contains the row found:

  select * from timesheets where date>={$pp[start]} and date<{$pp[end]};

Then you'd have all of the hours employees put in.  Then just sort by
employee name (add a group by) and/or sum their hours, etc.

Pretty easy.

Peter